Tuesday 20 September 2011

Purely academic



        Alexandrian reflections at dusk
           Echoes of a nation adrift
A private little thought dialogue between our hopes and our fears :

♪♫
Don't you love farce?

My fault I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want.

Sorry, my dear.
But  where  are  the  clowns?
  Quick, send in the clowns...

Don't  bother, they're  here ♫ ♪

Imbued with more and more undertones the lyrics are adaptable to the feelings of so many Egyptians. With 'rope dancers' and 'hoop jumpers' leaping about everywhere the clowns are never far away.

Please take the time to read Amira Nowaira’s article on precarious university standards~ awaiting a life belt to be thrown just to remain afloat. Footing is out of reach until first steps of reform are implemented. 
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/sep/20/egypt-revolution-universities-strike

photos:amiraT


No comments: